THIS COURSE IS AIMED AT SENIOR TRAINEES AND JUNIOR CONSULTANTS.
If you are interested in attending, please CONTACT US before applying with your name and current position. Please do not book a placce on the course unless you have been invited to do so. All applicants are screened to ensure they are suitable for the content of the course.
Places on this course are only open to applicants from within the UK. Overseas applications will not be accepted.
In collaboration with Medartis, we are excited to announce dates for our Advanced Hand and Wrist Fracture Fixation course.
Monday 4th - Tuesday 5th September 2023
Aimed at Senior Registrars & Fellows (ST7/ST8 & Post CCT fellows), Junior Consultants
Course highlights include:
- One limb per delegate – socially distanced with all PPE supplied
- High faculty to delegate ratio (1:2)
- High quality instruments and implants
- Evening roundtable discussion with faculty and meal*
- 2 whole days in cadaveric lab all instrumentation and x-ray facility
* Please note that COVID-19 restrictions may require some components of the course to be altered or removed from the programme. Every effort will be made to run the course as described on the planned dates. If the course is unable to proceed safely then delegates will be offered alternative dates when COVID-19 allows.
The program can be adapted to individual requirements of each delegate, but core sessions are:
- Metacarpal fractures
- Phalangeal fractures
- Distal radius/ulna fractures
- Scaphoid/carpal fractures
- Touch thumb CMC joint replacement
- Keriflex PIP joint replacement
Course Convenors: Mr Andy Logan & Mr Ryan Tricket based in Cardiff
- Mr Dan Armstrong, Derby
- Mr Jeff Auyeung, Durham
- Mr Duncan Avis, Basingstoke
- Miss Kate Brown, Nottingham
- Miss Jenny Caddick, Sheffield
- Mrs Riem Johnson, Brighton
- Mr Matt Jones, Coventry
- Miss Claire Middleton, Reading
- Miss Philippa Rust, Edinburgh
This course has been awarded 12 CPD hours by the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
“I have to say that hands down this is the best professional course that I have ever been on” – Senior Hand Fellow
“The faculty have been very supportive in coming round and giving us advice, watching what we are doing and sharing their tips and tricks”
“Excellent course, faculty were helpful, informative. Useful tips and tricks shared. Highly recommend to senior trainees"
“Friendly educational atmosphere. Well organised. Pre-course materials are excellent"
“Plenty of opportunity to go through procedures with own cadaver. Excellent faculty, approachable with good interaction. Thank you!"
The Cardiff Cadaveric Advanced Hand & Wrist Fracture Fixation Course is also badged by the British Society for Surgery of the Hand
with huge thanks for the additional support of
|The date for this course has passed or the course is not available. Please contact us for more information.
- Course Code: Wrist Fracture