Aimed at nurses, allied health professional and doctors with an interest in learning more about the management of pelvic floor patients with bowel incontinence.
Following the successful training event held in Cardiff as part of The Pelvic Floor Society annual meeting in 2017, we have expanded & further developed this 1 day course to provide a comprehensive overview of the patient pathway and management guidelines, as well as practical demonstrations and simulations for conservative and surgical treatment options.
- Comprehensive overview of the patient pathway, with lectures and practical demonstrations of conservative management.
- Option of involvement in practical sessions (without hands on) of the surgical models/ techniques
- Understanding of SNS and PTNS indications/ limitations and protocols
This event is approved by the UK Pelvic Floor Society and CPD points have been applied for.
- What is FI?
- The patient pathway
- OASI and the PF physiotherapist
- Rectal irrigation and the role of the PF nurse
- Effect of the menopause on the Pelvic Floor
- Who are the TPFS?
- Practical sessions - Anal Manometry /Endoanal USS
|The date for this course has passed or the course is not available. Please contact us for more information.
- Course Code: PF2