This course is for registrars who are interested in or have recently commenced ERCP training. It is designed to accelerate the early part of training so that delegates get the most out of attendance at ERCP lists in the future. It covers practical aspects of familiarisation with equipment, but also exercises to improve cannulation and scope handling, and discussion of issues peripheral to the proceedure itself, including radiology and sedation.
Delegate to faculty ratio is greater than 2:1 so this is a very hands-on interactive and individualised course in a tried and tested format.
- To provide experience of ERCP for registrars who have recently started or are interested in starting ERCP training
- To gain experience in handling duodenoscopes, ERCP equipment
- To practice intubation, cannulation, sphincterotomy, stent placement and stone extraction
- To become familiar with scope handling and equipment used in basic (Level 1) ERCP procedures
- To discuss issues around consent, sedation, training and chosing equipment
- To partake in discussion of procedure using video cases and still images
- To become familiar with and participate in interpretation of biliary radiology
- To decide whether ERCP is for you!
- To kick-start and optimise early skills necessary in carrying out ERCP
- To provide a platform to gaining confidence to progress with stages of ERCP training
|The date for this course has passed or the course is not available. Please contact us for more information.
- Course Code: ERCP