This course is aimed at nursing staff working in Endoscopy Units in Wales involved in the care of patients requiring therapeutic UGI and LGI endoscopy. The course is designed to complement the acquisition of skills required by the AWENcf All Wales Endoscopy Nurse Competency Framework.
WIMAT are happy to invoice your Health Authority, but a Purchase Order number MUST be provided at the time of booking. Please obtain this before completing the booking form.
Aims - To provide endoscopy nurses with a theoretical overview of common endoscopy therapies and hands-on supervised learning on animal models simulating non-variceal and variceal bleeding, UGI strictures and lower GI polyps.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to;
- List the range of endoscopic therapies available for the management of UGI bleeding and strictures, and methods of LGI polypectomy.
- Link current national guidance and recommendations to the standard of care required in each of these clinical settings.
- Describe what equipment will be required and how to set this up for each of the main endoscopic techniques demonstrated.
- Describe the main stages of each of the main endoscopic techniques demonstrated
- List the characteristics of ‘anticipation’ for the endoscopy assistant
- Demonstrate competent operation of each of the accessories used in the main endoscopic techniques.
- Demonstrate ‘anticipation’ and competent performance during simulated live case scenarios.
- Reflect on their performance and formulate action plans for self-improvement.
- Complete DOPS tools providing a structured breakdown of key elements of skills performance.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge relating to the main endoscopic techniques covered.
|The date for this course has passed or the course is not available. Please contact us for more information.
- Course Code: ENDO2