A multi-specialty course aimed at ST3 – Consultant, in General Surgery, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, and Urology. To encourage confident handling and demonstrate when it is best applied.
- Video presentation of intracorporeal technique being applied in surgical setting
- Practical demonstration of Intracorporeal knot tying, with reference to extracorporeal technique
- Use of dry models for practise of movements outside the body
- Use of animal tissue for practise of technique inside the body
- Camera assistance is provided
- Informal discussion and concentrated tutoring at skills stations
- Hands-on practical demonstration
- Major emphasis on concentrated practical instruction
- Video based seminar
- Informal discussion
Delegates will be able to
- Safely introduce and appropriately position a curved needle in order to pass through tissue
- Pass a needle and suture through tissues at suitable depth and distance for interrupted and continuous suturing
- Create a safe laparoscopic tumbled square knot
- Demonstrate continuous suturing, maintaining tension and completing the suture line safely.
- Tie a safe extracorporeal knot
|The date for this course has passed or the course is not available. Please contact us for more information.
- Course Code: Lap Suturing